Role: Assistant Buyer / eCommerce Buyer
Job Type: Full-time (37.5 hours - In-office / remote)
Office Location: Riverside Technology Park, Keighley, West Yorkshire
Start Date: asap
Probation Length: 3 Months
(With Full Time Contract on Completion)
Experience: 2/3 years experience in a previous buying role is essential
Salary Range: £25k - £35k+ DOE (2/3 years experience in a previous buying role is essential)
This key role within PoundToy is crucial to the continued high growth of the company. You will meet our company core values of Ambition, Excellence, Shared Success, Quality and Responsibility in assisting us to deliver these across our business.
After several years of successful growth, we are now able to fully exploit our potential. This role ensures the needs of our customers and suppliers are fully achieved. This role comes with the opportunity to join our company at an exciting time, with huge growth forecast, the successful candidate is expected to develop and assist the company in future growth.
If you have a passion for buying and want to join one of the UK's fastest growing online eCommerce retailers, we have an incredibly exciting opportunity to join our award winning team at PoundToy!
With an immediate start date, we are looking for an 'Assistant Buyer / eCommerce Buyer' who loves eCommerce buying and who has a passion for expanding product portfolios. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years buying experience (in the toy sector is desired but not essential) with an analytical approach and have a track record of growing product ranges and buying excellence.
We have just moved into our brand new offices and mega fulfilment centre in Keighley town centre. Our new location is only a 4 minute walk from Keighley Train Station and a 9 minute walk from Keighley Bus Station. So perfect for commuters from Keighley and the wider area including, Skipton, Bradford, Ilkley & Leeds.
- Full end to end product management for the Play, Confectionery, Crafts & Toy Product Categories
- Analysing consumer buying patterns and predicting future trends
- Regular review of performance indicators; sales, profitability, rate of sale
- Reacting to changes in demand, logistics, pricing strategy & stock exiting
- On boarding new suppliers, negotiating terms of contract, quality and service levels
- Maintaining relationships with existing suppliers and exiting poor performers
- Liaising with other departments within the organisation to ensure projects are completed: Marketing & Design, Sales (Direct & Non-Direct), Logistics
- Attending required trade fairs, in the UK and overseas, to select and assemble new collections of products
- Delivering comprehensive range reviews including new ranges and presenting to senior managers
- Value engineering product to support market needs and routes to market
- Awareness and basic understanding of QA compliance
- Continued competitor awareness and analysis
- Evaluating customer feedback to ensure product fit for purpose
Desired skills, qualities and experiences:
- Minimum 2/3 years in a previous buying role
- Analytical approach with experience in forecasting unit sales & run rates
- Experience working to an annual sales budget
- Supplier contract’s negotiation
- Excellent excel skill’s including formula’s, VLook up’s & pivot tables
- Experience with online product set up, marketplaces such as Amazon and eBay and web platforms such as Shopify
- Excellent and inspiring people management skills
- Full UK driving licence
If you've got drive, vision and are a highly motivated individual we'd love to hear from you.
Please note that you should be prepared to work at our busy and friendly Head Office in Keighley, West Yorkshire.
How to apply:
If you meet the above criteria and are excited to begin a career at PoundToy, please email your application to email@example.com. Please include a link to your Linked-In profile.